Expectations of Students
Expectations of Parents, Guardians and the School Community
In accordance with California Education Code section 49011, Willow Creek Academy encourages—but does not require—families to participate in school activities. Specifically, we encourage each family to:
1. Be an active partner in their child’s education by volunteering in the classroom or office, driving on field trips, helping with lunch, fundraising, etc.
2. Support student learning by:
· Reading with their child 20 minutes each day
· Assisting their child with homework
· Attending parent meetings
· Encouraging their child to follow school rulesWhen families contribute their time and expertise, we meet the highest standards of education and ensure the goals of WCA and its charter are consistently met.
Willow Creek Academy provides a rigorous, inquiry driven, project oriented learning environment that encourages differentiation of instruction as much as possible. The core curriculum emphasizes educational experiences that prepare students to meet or exceed state curriculum standards. The school community is divided into two families: Lower School (grades K-5) and Upper School (grades 6-8). Willow Creek Academy students are taught to identify what needs to be known, assisted in locating needed information and skills and then taught how to take action or make decisions beneficial to themselves and society. The Willow Creek community is organized and designed to encourage students to be active participants in their own education, resulting in well-educated, thoughtful and responsible community citizens.